Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fablehaven Fun!







I have never taken much time to read until my sister got me hooked a couple of years ago. Now I love to read all kinds of books, but these are my favorite. They are creative, fun, clean, and magical in so many ways...in the nature of the story, but also in the way that it takes me all over the world with these great characters.

I have been counting the days until the 5th and final book came out: it was yesterday. I found out that Brandon Mull was going to be on his book tour here in Boise today and I have been excited all week! I felt like a little kid on Christmas all day anticipating the new book and meeting the author of my favorite books!

I was early to Deseret Book before the signing even started, but the line was well over an hour and a half long. I waited with my three anxious kids for twenty minutes and we moved about three feet. We were standing right next to Brandon Mull so the kids got to watch him in action, which they just loved! They were given a free poster and bookmark, which kept them happy for about three extra minutes. They were teetering between waiting to meet the author and just buying the book and leaving, like so many others were opting to do. I was secretly hoping that patience would win them over, but in the end (ten seconds later), we stepped to the register to just get the book.

Zack had asked the gentleman with Brandon Mull if there were any copies of the book that were already signed, but there were not. While checking out, I thought to ask the lady if she had any pre-signed copies...I was just aching for one! Another lady, who seemed pretty in-the-know stepped up just then and said that she had only four, but they were special.

I must have smiled just right, because she gave one of them to me!!! I was so excited! I only paid the $19 and was on my merry way; they didn't even charge me extra or anything! I love Deseret Book! On our way out we stopped to snap some pics and bounced out of the store giggling.

Seriously, I am thirty-one, but that was some of the best fun and excitement I have had! I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to meet him in person and sign our book in front of us, but I have my book, my pics, and a big grin on my face.

Don't worry though, it was totally for the kids. ;)


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't stay!! I tried to look for you but I didn't see you, where were you in the line? We were the third family in line, we brought some books to keep us occupied but the people watching was more hillarious! I'm glad you at least got to get a signed book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. You're never too old for stuff like that. :)

    I love you, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should post pictures of the Fablehaven costume you wore to the book signing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha, very funny, Jay. =)

    (I won't tell anyone about yours.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)