Saturday, February 11, 2012

BFFs are a Girl's Best Friend


Every little girl needs her BFFs. These childhood memories stand the tests of time and mean so much to us grown little girls.

Yesterday Avery had a good friend come over after school. I enjoyed watching them interact and have fun together. It reminded me of when I was my daughter's age and the memories of my BFF, Casey Cronin, came flooding back. I could not resist taking them to the mall, buying them matching Valentine's earrings, and getting treats. Before the night was through, we went to Bath & Body Works and sprayed ribbons with new fragrances and then tied them in the girls' hair.

My husband was getting a kick out of how much fun I was having! It was like reliving my childhood with Casey! My little girl and her friend were having so much fun together singing, playing, just being themselves. As we left the mall, they were holding hands. It just made my heart melt.

I am grateful for my BFF, Casey, when I was a little girl just like Avery. Casey and I were like sisters and always got along. We just clicked and it was wonderful girlhood magic.

I LOVE having a daughter and that she is so kind and sweet to others. I hope that she is a great friend to others and enjoys the blessings of receiving great friendships in return.

I know last night was magical for these two little girls, but it was magical for me as well. I was 7 years old again with my BFF and remembered things I had forgotten years ago. Time flies so quickly, but the memories are priceless.

I love you, Casey.  :)


3 comments:

  1. awwww! You two! I remember when I met you guys in high school! You two are cute friends! Love having that with our own girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love it. Sometimes I wish we were 7 years old again. And the only worry we had was what Barbie were we going to play with and at who's house. I am so thankful to the Lord for the BEST BFF I could ever ask for. We are truly sisters forever. I Love You Too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)