Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Night at the Opera


I think Jay and I had the greatest date ever (so far!) last night. We went to our favorite restaurant, PF Changs, where we enjoyed chicken lettuce wraps, sweet and sour chicken, honey chicken, WAY spicy green beans, and some super yummy smoothie that could've passed as dessert. If you haven't been there, we highly recommend you try it soon.

After our scrumptious meal Jeremy took me to the opera! It was our first opera and wow, have we been missing out! Not only is every word sung in Italiano, but everything else from the set to the costumes were absolutely phenomenal! It was elegant, graceful, and breathtaking. I have fallen in love with italian (I am planning on heading to the library this next week to find CDs and books to begin to learn it.)

Written by Gaetano Donizetti, Lucia di Lammermoor was first performed in Naples, Italy in 1835. The love story between two individuals from feuding families ends in heartache. The performance was beyond riveting and I found myself having to hold back the tears on several occasions. Even my super-manly husband found it surprisingly enjoyable and entertaining. We are hooked...there is a ballet, The Nutcracker, coming in December. I'm looking into tickets this week!

2 comments:

  1. Bentley and I took Italian in college. Great language to learn. Can be tricky. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun date - and you made me hungry for PF Changs with your description of that great meal. Tell Jeremy we haven't lost any respect for him (and his love of the opera) - yet.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)