Thursday, February 25, 2010

French Braiding Success!


When I was a little girl, my mother was the master french braiding lady. She could do french braids around my head, inside out, upside down, you name it, she could do it! She could get them exceptionally tight...I remember crying because sometimes they were too tight! She had amazing braiding skills and I wanted to be just like her!

I used to be able to braid well when I was younger, but got out of practice and well, I pretty much stunk at it for the last decade. I decided a while back that I was going to improve myself and learn to french braid again. I sat down this morning, determined to get it right the first time, and to my great astonishment and pleasure...I did it!

Although they are not perfect, I think I would have made my mother proud today!

6 comments:

  1. Ester, You did a great job!!! I hope my little girl has enough hair to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. How cute. I can't wait for Megan's hair to get longer so I can do some french braiding on her! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Ess! I learned how to French Braid on my Cabbage Patch Doll. :) I love doing braids and other fun stuff. I thought that was one of the points of having a girl!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and you have such a cute model to show them off on :) Call me weird, but there is something about french braiding that I find relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you do the braids inside out too? It looks adorable. I've been kind of playing with braiding as well.. check out.. shedoeshair.blogspot.com, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I can do the french braid upside down, around and all kinds of different ways, but I've never been able to do those braid on the top kind!! SOO jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)