Sunday, August 23, 2009

Got Zucchini?



Need something to do with all that zucchini from your garden this year? I am usually a super healthy baker, but if you are feeling like me about the abundance of zucchini, I have just the solution:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Combine and set aside.

3 eggs
1 cup sugar (a little less)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 oz melted unsweetened baking chocolate (2 blocks or if you don't have baking chocolate: 6 TB baking cocoa melted with 1 TB plain shortening)
2 cups zucchini

Combine and add to dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured baking pans (regular or mini.) Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Delicious!

I am not sure where I found the recipe, but I have modified it to my liking anyway. Hope you enjoy your zucchini now! ;)

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm.....that sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I've made it a couple of times now. And you know me, just like you,I am SUCH a health nut, we eat it for breakfast,snack, and maybe even lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)